Sunday, November 10, 2013

Passion:A little break for "the staff".

All six of the kids went to Petco adoptions yesterday and two will be staying for a couple weeks, Dory and Hope.  I am worried about Dory because she is very comfortable   with me and the 5 other cats, but is not other people comfortable yet. She crawled under the sham when Ron entered the room yesterday.  It made it easy for me to   just lift the whole sham bundle and open up the back  to  allow her escape right into  the carrier.  I  think Ron was sorry he offered to help me.  Those carriers when filled with cat are very heavy!  I do count it as arm strengthening exercises
when I carry them.
The four kids that came home, go up to Petsmart on  Tuesday or Wednesday. 
The three lap cats are at home: Faith, Sweetie and Tabeto. Joy is somewhat of a loner and squirms out of your arms when she is held, but she purrs when petted and rubbed when she is in her favorite spot, on top of the kitty playpen.
I finally got word on Mouth's new forever name.  He is now called Le Roi.  He reportedly walked into his new home, with his new partner,  Rusty Girl also renamed, Venus,  and immediately was comfortable, He also introduced a calm into the household that had been missing since his owner's  elderly cat had passed .   I knew he would be a wonderful quiet addition to   someone's household.   No more "mouth". Well there may be come grumbling if he has to  go to the vet. Many  cats mouth off about car rides.  Up until now his car rides were all scary:  "means a loss" experiences for him.
Today  will be a Mika day.  She will get her walk when it warms up just a bit more, and I may groom her again  too.

No comments:

Post a Comment