Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Le Roi II

Le Roi, who was previously dubbed Mouth because of his loud and persistent MEOWing especially during transport, was my fault.  Going into Petco one morning to clean,  a lady in a red velvet dress was exiting and Mouth was "mouthing" in her arms.  I stopped to ask her "que Passa?"She said she had rescued him from some bushes and needed to go to work  but wanted to  be sure he was safe.  I  saw Laura,Petco manager, who had to approve dumps, and called her out to view Mouth.  She alerted me that the kitten was bathed, groomed, had no fleas and she did take him. The lady in  red velvet was so relieved.  I think the real story was she got the kitten,  it yowled all day while she worked and so  someone said it had to go and there she was at Petco where people are not supposed to  dump or abandon animals but do! 
Since AFCHS was on kitten overload this spring, I agreed to take him once tested, since I felt guilty for intervening, and bringing in yet another!! He never even meowed softly at home.  He was all lover, both with  me and all the other many fosters at my house. He nurtured Sweetie  through her illness, groomed and cradled the other youngsters  and loved it when Tabeto came in because he had another boy to  play and wrestle with. Both would crowd into my lap and purr loadly on my visits to the "Cat House". 
I promised  Mouth that he would find a "purrfect" home and that his new person would give him a much more fitting name. Voila! Le Roi II!  Couldn't be better.  He went to live with another AFCHS volunteer in a house that has both other cats and two loving humans.  He was adopted with the beautiful Venus, fostered by another of the volunteers. Her picture appears in an earlier post.
Does Le Roi II look happy or what?
   Long live the king!

No comments:

Post a Comment