Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Grief and Good..

I lost my old girl Dinah shortly after my last post. She came to live with me about 15 years ago.  I  heard a load yowling  sort of like MEOWOWOW which was coming from across the street  from my house.  There she was, so tiny that she fit in the palm of my hand.  She was weaned however and ate voraciously when given some wet food. She joined the four others living at my house at that time. She survived Scruffy,  her next senior by about a year.    When  I grieve I don't write, thus the lapse since my last blog.

 I   got three new fosters however, Homer, Princess Leah and Chewy from the Star Wars  litter that were abandoned at Petco.  Homer fit right in at the Cat House.  He was quiet at first, but now can get crazy.  He races around and then does straight up in the air leaps. 
Princess growled and hissed constantly at first but after two time outs in the condo, has integrated well and tonight was doing the crazies with Homer.  Chewy seems to have hurt his little left paw so was subdued.  Hope is having  "morning sickness" even though  she can not be pregnant. 
With the hard freezes beginning this week I went to Home depot and got a space heater for the Cat House since it is on the end chain of the cottage heating system and was not   heating sufficiently even when the rest of the cottage was sweltering.  The little space heater does quite nicely and is safely positioned in the condo.  It oscillates and even  on "low", heats the room.

Winnie the Pooh continues to wander the house in search of Dinah, but she enjoys the house being more  open to her, and bedding down with Mika  and me at night. She and I have discussed letting her be an only cat for the time being and she is OK with that. She can  sometimes help with fostering. 
I  am ready to write her Happy Tail for AFC.  Ron took nice pictures of me with her, so I can choose one for attachment.  She hates being "held" for pictures, so  although I have good hair in a couple of the photos she has a sour puss in them. 
With all that has gone on (Thanksgiving came and went) I have not gotten pictures of the new kids at the Cat House but here are Winnie and I.
 

 
Winnie and I
 
 
 And in Memorial:  Dinah
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment