Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Passion: How Winnie lost her Pooh

I have promised Marian a "Happy Tail"   and am finally getting to it.  The hang up was getting a decent picture.  At last... with Ron's help...
 

Winnie and Lynn
 
Winnie came to me for observation and potential resolution of her gastrointestinal distress issues... ( Gas and recurrent diarrhea). Thus the addition of "Pooh" to her AFC name, Winnie. The problems narrowed down to IBS triggered by any kind of stress. Going to adoptions on Saturday was one stressor, overnight visitors at my house another.  She could easily clear a room with her gas, and had me yearning for beano for kitties. 
I  got her in October and was going to continue taking her to Petco on Saturdays through January when I told myself I would consider adopting her  so that she could remain unstressed.  When I lost my Old Scruffy right before New Years,  I couldn't bear to face another loss even to a "happy adoption".  I went to adoptions  to fill out papers and give the staff her consent letter, while Winnie napped happily at home.  She was 8 months old and weighed 9 lbs.  She is now a year and a half and weighs 12 lbs.  She seldom has gas attacks, (Winnie has lost her Pooh)  and never has diarrhea.  She is one big happy girl and very "busy".  She likes to start the day with a romp after a lazer light, and to go out to the patio in summer, with supervision and a leash and harness, so I can prevent wandering.  However, she is very cleaver and can go in and out the doggy door when it is open and available. Now she is an only cat because I lost my old girl Dinah last month.  She is content.  We have agreed she will just help me foster kittens for now.  She enjoys the new access to the bedroom at night and keeps me awake by pouncing on moving hands or feet under the covers until I speak to her sharply.  She is an awesome cat  and she is  my 21 days ++ of gratitude.   Mika, my lovable maltipoo rescue dog, won't play with Winnie but she loves washing Winnie's face before bedtime at night.  Winnie also  enjoys this added pampering while reclining on my lap at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment