Sunday, October 27, 2013

Passion: Morning at the Cat House

This morning with the kittens and juveniles, was great.  I took an article to read with my coffee as I held the lap junkies, but that was dumb.  Watching the kids play is really the best spiritual start to the day.  I got a donated toy from AFCH about two weeks ago and the kids love it.  It is a box with 9 round holes in the top and three along each side.  Drop the toys in and watch the kids fish them out.  Faith, however, also likes to drop toys in and then fish them out.  This morning she had a crinkly ball in her mouth.  She raced over to the box with it and dropped it in.  She then climbed on top of the box and went fishing for it. They got a crinkly bag at the same time and they also love that. 
Dori is now much more tame and comfortable around me.  She hasn't jumped into my lap yet, but she lets me lift her onto my lap and then purrs and purrs as I stroke and rub her. She even looks up expectantly when I stop petting for a minute.  She supervises litter cleaning, and waits until everyone else has chowed down on wet food before she goes over to eat.  This morning she wrestled with Joy and played tag with Hope and Faith while I was there.
Sweety, as usual was watching my cleaning from a condo, but rushed over the moment I plunked down in my chair and reached up, begging to be lifted to my lap.  She needs a person more than playmates or toys, although  she does engage with both sometimes when I'm observing, and may do so more when I am not there.
Tabeto is the other love bug. He loves my lap, but lets sweety and Faith share it with him.  Yesterday, I had him and Dori and Sweety and Faith all pig piled no the lap for a few minutes.  It is hard to leave when that is occurring. 
Then it is home to Winnie the Pooh and Dinah.  They get early mornings and late evenings with me.  Winnie starts her nap time about 11, unless I want to work or play at my desk and then she rushes over to interfere.  She comes when she is called albeit without haste.  I was able to shape this behavior with the use of greenies and petting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment