Friday, October 25, 2013

Winnie the Pooh aka Winni

Winnie the Pooh is my very own adoptee from Animal Friends Connection.  Winnie came to me for observation and treatment of her second bout of diarrhea.  She also had bouts of flatulence that could clear the room!  She is well now and seldom has gas attacks either.  She consoled me following  the death of my 15 year old, Scruffy, and I knew she was taking me on, when she wrote to the staff at AFCHS giving her consent to adoption and sent me to Petco one Saturday to sign adoption documents while she dozed at home.  She was born in May 2012, came to me from the sanctuary in November, and was adopted in January 2013.  She has thrived!  She was never "tiny  or frail" even during her terrible episode of diarrhea.  At adoption she weighed in at 10.9 pounds and now weighs 12.2 pounds!  She loves to play laser light, and walks back and forth in front of me on my desk until I open the desk drawer.  She knows that is where the red spot lives and she immediately jumps to the floor to begin the chase and pounce game. She tolerates other fosters, (especially likes the black kittens), and tries to get Dinah,  the senior queen in the house, and Mika, the dog, to play when there are no kittens available. She loves to curl up on my body in the evening and it does take the whole body to hold her large body.  She really is not fat: she is just a very large, big boned  girl!


This is Winnie with one of her favorite foster kitties, Winchester, who has found his forever home. Winchester owes his purrfect socialization to Winnie the Pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment