Sunday, October 20, 2013

Passion

I have been consumed by my passion, as evidenced by my failure to blog, for several months.  I am a volunteer for Animal Friends Connection Humane Society.  I started out simply cleaning cages at Petco for those kitties on display for adoption.  I  have expanded into foster care of kittens, primarily, and now have my own "Cat House" where I have raised and nurtured and socialized about 25 kitties so far.  I still have 6, but all the rest have found wonderful "purrmanent" homes. My most recent girls, Faith, Hope and Joy will be spayed and ready for adoption after October 29. My juvenile, Dori, who was a captured feral and along with her brothers and sisters have been in foster care for socialization training with both other cats and people, is also progressing.  She went to Petco with the other girls on Saturday for showing and did very well.  She came home and has continued to warm up to me.  She is really good with the smaller girls.  Her favorite playmate, Mouth, got adopted and she misses him.  I have only one boy at this time, Tabito.  He is the lucky male in the house full of girls, but alas alack, he was neutered long ago.  He is very loving and fond of all his little playmates.  He protects Miss Sweety who after having a rough start, is growing nicely and is the most beautiful medium length smoky haired girl.  She is a lap junkie, and monopolizes my lap whenever she can.
I will tell my brief tales of the others and attach photos as I go.
Hopefully I can be more consistent in my posting. 
Here is a photo of Dori with Faith on the table at the "Cat House"  

No comments:

Post a Comment