Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Passions day

Wednesday is my "free day".  I like to plan a walk with Mika, yoga and then whatever strikes my fancy.  Today I have a nagging "got-ta".  I promised Marian I would write a brief "Happy Tail" about Winnie (the Poo), the foster that I adopted.  I need a picture of her and I together.  Easier said than done!  She is a busy girl, especially when I am involved with the computer, at my desk or if I handle the camera.  Right now she is bird watching beside me while I type. I am hoping Ron or Ashley F can capture us together on a good hair day, for me.  She seldom has bad hair days. Here is a good picture of her by herself.
Notice that she is at the CATO site with me.  She is a libertarian cat, although she doesn't want her food subsidy cut off!  She believes in purrsonal liberty and small government.  When I adopted her she weighed about 10.9 pounds.  I have not weighed her recently but I know she has not shrunk. She is my first tabby.  I have had a tuxedo, a Siamese, a Siamese mix a black long hair, a muted calico, a black short hair (Dinah), still with me and they all have had very distinct personalities.  Now that I am fostering, I am beginning to note the common behavioral characteristics within these breeds and mixes as well as the variances in temperament and behavior between breeds. It is fun to be a modified animal ecologist.  I say modified beause real ecologists don't get to intervene.  I get to intervene. I get  to detect and remedy health problems, and do some behavior shaping, which of course takes me back to my graduate school roots.   

No comments:

Post a Comment