Friday, January 31, 2014

Pictures as Promised

Here are the most recent pictures from  the Cat House.  First are a series of shots of Dory and the boys, Homer and Chuck playing with the CatsMeow toy donated to AFCHs and offered to  them.  They do love it!



 
 
And here is a picture of Dory, the curious , fully laid back "part feral" rescue. What's a " part feral?" I hear you ask.  It is a cat who was rescued as a part of a feral's litter, and then was tamed by a human, me, who  took on the task because I was working on my patience, and thought this would be a good mutually beneficial project.  It was! 
 
 
Now her sister, Daisy, is with me, because she has not advanced as quickly to "laid back."  She is a new "patience project" for me.  She still prefers the condo and her hidey hole.  However she did come out a little yesterday and ate some wet food in the regular food area.

 
Here are some picks of her.  Notice she still lays her ears back  which is her way of saying, "I'm afraid and will hiss and growl if you approach". However, she is as passive  and docile as her sister when you hold her. It has only been 6 days since she arrived and she has these two boys to adapt  to, whereas her sister just had a couple cute kittens to   cope with. Here are the boys invading Daisy's space in the condo when it is opened up. I would hiss and growl too!  Give me my space you boisterous boys!   

No comments:

Post a Comment