Monday, January 20, 2014

Cat Passions and Peeves

The Cat House got a new toy!  "As seen on TV", the CatsMeow. They all love it!  Of course Homer was the first to pounce on it, but even Dori got in the act, swatting at the little red tail that sticks out from under the yellow cloth.  Winnie played with the toy this morning while I sipped coffee and blessed Marian for gifting us so that I did not have to   play with Winnie with the laser light first thing in the morning.  This TV thing  really is a good deal.
Instead of  getting pictures of the fosters with the toy today, though, I made it a priority to clip nails which were getting way too long.  I did Winnie yesterday and figured if I could get that 12 pound squirming mass  of fur's  nails clipped I could certainly do  the fosters.  I did it.  Homer needed the most work.  I had to  wrap him to prevent wriggling and fainting in coils, but got him done.  Chuck was next and since he is still little he was easy enough.  I got down on the floor with  Dory and, as usual, she was not happy with the process but was absolutely docile throughout.  Afterwards of course, she ran from me when I reached out to  pet her.  That's how she expresses her disapproval: she darts away when you reach to pet her.  She did forgive and forget before I left, however.  Tomorrow I  will get photos of the kitties at play with the new wonder toy. So that's it.  The passion is the new toy and the peeve was nail clipping.  Homer was the character as usual.  He squirmed and cried  while he was being done, but was in my face and on my head while I was trying to work on Dory.  I had to  shoo him away in order to see her little toes and get the clipper positioned to clip without getting the quick.
For me, the "To Do" list was either vacuum the carpets or clip cat nails and I chose the latter. Priorities, priorities.  I've got mine right.

No comments:

Post a Comment